The holidays burst with excitement and togetherness. There's nothing like the smell of a turkey roasting in the oven or apple cider simmering in the crockpot. However, the expense of Thanksgiving and Christmas often total to an amount that's anything but merry and bright. We all long for the joy of the season, but no one wants a checking account glaring a shade redder than Santa's suit. From feasts to presents, from parties to family fun, you can have a happy holiday without going overboard this year. These 15 money saving posts are certain to keep the jingle in your bells and your ho-ho-hos from becoming boo-hoo-hoos. guest post from www.queenoffree.net
1. Thanksgiving Budget Busters to Avoid: Don't let these spending traps drop a bomb on your turkey day.
2. Last Minute Thanksgiving Money Saving Posts: This round up post links to Thanksgiving shopping strategies, family games to play, ideas for an affordable Thanksgiving dinner, and so much more.
3. Debt Free Christmas Pledge: Begin the season right by making a pledge to stay debt free this year. Focus your eyes on the true meaning of Christmas by reflecting on this post and pledging to control your spending.
4. Winning Black Friday Strategies: Fight the good fight (but no fist fights, please!) this Black Friday. Get the inside scoop on finding the best deals, surprising purchases you might miss, and what you can skip.
5. 7 FREE Christmas Budget Printable Forms: Most of us fail to have a written plan when it comes to Christmas spending. These adorable, FREE printable budget forms have every category imaginable. Gift giving, holiday photos, postage for gifts and cards, if a dime is spent on it, there's a line item on these forms.
6. 5 Christmas Money Making Ideas: Need to drum up a few extra bucks for holiday spending? These five ideas can help fund your gift giving budget this year.
7. 5 Awesome Christmas Life Hacks!: I bet you've never even thought of these ideas. Shave chocolate for decadent desserts. Store your wrapping paper neatly with an item in your recycle bin. Keep the place on that roll of tape and more. You're going to LOVE these ideas.
8. 5 Deal Sites For Great Christmas Bargains: Are you an online bargain shopper? These five sites bring the best deals every year. Shop in your PJs and snag great deals, too!
9. Uncomfortable Christmas Gift Giving Conversations: You may need to scale back this year, and that's OK. Check out this post to get some pointers on how to navigate tricky waters with friends and relatives about the tradition of gift giving.
10. Simple Christmas Gift Ideas: 'Tis a gift to be simple. Exchanging presents doesn't have to be a chore. These ideas will let your loved ones know just how much you care without overspending.
11. Six Ways to Cultivate Contentment this Christmas: Help your kids reign in the Christmas "gimmes" this year. The concrete strategies in this post cultivate an attitude of gratitude for your little dudes.
12. 15 FREE Christmas Break Activities: Check out these great ideas to keep the kids busy without breaking the bank. Keep the kids from complaining of boredom with activities that don't cost a thing!
13. 5 Last Minute Christmas Money Saving Ideas: Need a gift? Run out of wrapping paper? Want to do something but all out of cash? Here's your ticket to saving, even at the last minute.
14. 3 Easy Night Before Christmas Recipes: Cut down on breakfast stress and mess this Christmas morn. These three recipes are a snap to prepare and will let you truly live in the moment when the moments count most.
15. What to Do with Christmas Cash: Did Grandma give you wad of cash in that holiday bank envelope? Hold your reindeer. Before you run out and spend it all in one place, read this post to find out how to make the most of the money. The holidays approach with joyous fanfare. Keep your spending in check and make this your most memorable year, yet!
Other Money Saving Tips!